Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pancakes!

A fond memory I have of my childhood was breakfast when we had pancakes. My mom would make our pancakes in the shape of pigs, horses, turtles, birds, etc... L loves pancakes so I thought it would be fun to carry on the tradition. Bad idea. I can't even draw a horses let alone shape one out of pancake batter.
She is a very independent child so she doesn't like it when I cut up her pancake, but if she does it she makes a mess and usually eats bits that are too big for her.
After I thought it over this is what I came up with.....

+

=

8 comments:

Stitchnmom said...

I love the idea!!!! I'll have to give it a try.

PML said...

Oh those are cute. Our girls would love them. Macie is always wanting a Mickey Mouse pancake. I can barely do that, so don't feel bad about not doing the horses.

mags said...

haley that's such a rad idea! i'm going to do that next time we have pancakes, my kids'll love it!

Hilarie said...

That is such a fun idea and they look better than regular pancakes to me.

Marilyn Lewis said...

You are brilliant! You should submit this idea to a parenting magazine. It is so clever!

Kirk said...

That is such a great idea.!

Jessie's Jargon said...

THat is the cutest little smile on her face. Lily looks so much like you! What an brilliant idea. Way to go!

Jason and Andrea Wilcock said...

VERY IMPRESSIVE! Ashlyn always requests Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty or any princess...it is tough!

PA Reunion: October 23rd...read my blog for more information. Invite everyone you keep in contact with. Hope to see you there!