Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cultivating the Passion

If you know my side of the family you know that we are a golfing family. If you didn't know that I will help you to understand our passion for the game by telling a story. August 2005: My dad calls my brother and asks him what he is doing April 4th 2006. My brother's voice squeaks and he says "You got tickets to the Masters didn't you" My dad has been putting his name in a ticket lottery for the past 10 years trying to get practice round tickets for the Masters and he got them! 4 of them. One for him, one for my brother, and one for each of my brother-in-laws. Know we jump to September 2005: Scott is talking with my dad and asks for his permission to marry his daughter(ME). This is my dad's reply. "I have good news and I have bad news. Good news, you can marry Haley, Bad news, I don't have ticket for you to go to the Masters! In one breath my dad mentions my Eternal Marriage and the Masters!

So needless to say Golf is big on my side of the family and so it is big in the Scott and Haley family. For FHE this week we went golfing. Lilly and I were Scott's Caddie. We drove the cart, helped him find lost balls, and cheered him with words of encouragement! It was Lilly's first time on a course and she thoroughly enjoyed herself.




12 comments:

KristiBT said...

nice legs.

mags said...

Tell Scott to loosen up that swing! Just kidding I don't know anything about swings, but I do now that golf is fab.

Janice Twitchell said...

You guys have been busy! I loved your story! I love golf too! Lilly is a doll!

Ben and Sarah said...

Scott remember the wisdom of Happy Gilmore. Its all in the hips baby!

Trevan, Megan and Kaleigh! said...

Your family is so cute, and yes, I agree that the little girls are the funnest! Can't wait until our little girl can go golfing with us just like you guys! We will all have to get together sometime and have a golfing day! It is so good to hear from you! Keep in touch!

tris said...

I'm so jealous...four weeks of being in this house...I am going nutso. Let me know when you guys are going out of town so I won't miss you. Lillers is so dang cute. Look at all those teeth!
ps Ken told me you've been trying to get ahold of me. I'll call you tonight or tomorrow.

Janice Twitchell said...

I got Cambri's swimming suit at Old Navy, they always have the cutest stuff there!

PML said...

It looks so green. Can Lilly walk?

Lindsay G said...

Hello old roommate! I had your blog bookmarked from a while ago, and just found it again, so I'm gonna add you to our blog! You have such a cute family! I can't believe how big Lilly is already...time goes so fast!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you found my blog. How are you doing? What have you been up? You've little girl is so cute, just like you.

Unknown said...

You guys are a cute family. So fun that you get out and do stuff together!

Annie said...

Hi Scott and Haley. I'm so happy to find your blog. Your little Lilly is so darling and I'm dying over the golf picture of Scott and Lilly. You take fabulous pictures. Hope all is well with your little family.

Lots of love,
Annie (Scott's cousin)