Wednesday, June 4, 2008

SUMMER has finally arrived.........I hope!

It was a long hard winter this year. We were kooped up in the house for days at a time. So now that the sun is shining we are on the go! Here is what we have been up to the last few weeks

This is Lilly's first time wearing shorts! She absolutly loves being outside. She has started to understand that to go outside we need shoes on. She will grab a shoe hold it up and grunt at me until I put it on. Then she crawls over to the door and bangs on it. I think she would stay outside all day long if I let her.

It wouldn't be summer without flip-flops!


Scott was able to go hiking with his brother and is brother's scout group. They hiked Paria Canyon, which is said to be the longest slot canyon in the world. It is a 20 mile hike. They did it in one day then headed to Lake Powell the next day.


Ayla, Jamie, Haven, Ella, Lilly, and I went on little hike of our own. We hiked to some indian ruins then headed for water. The little girls (Alya, Ella, Lilly) loved the water. They played in it for 30 minutes or so.

Lilly loves to look out the window and wait for Daddy to come home form work.


I am sad to say Lilly is 13 months old and this was only the 2nd time she has ever been swimming. She didn't quit know what to think of it but she eventually started kicking her legs and she realized this big mass of water isn't so bad! In this picture she is swimming with my cousins, yes my first cousins not hers. Bailey, Carlyn, & Tessa.


We got the chance to see what it would be like if we had 5 kids. Brian & Brenda (Scott's brother) had a convention to go to so we headed to GJ to watch the kids for a day. This is Hannah and Lilly enjoying lunch together.


Scott took Issac golfing while Lilly, Hannah, Ellie, Lauren, and I had fun playing in the sprinklers.

It is amazing what you can learn from little kids. Lauren and Ellie wanted me to come jump on the tramp with them while the sprinklers were under it. I told them I didn't have my swimsuit so I couldn't get all wet. Lauren then replied "It is fun though, and that is what it is all about!" Thanks Lauren for the life lesson!


We have been going none stop the whole month of May and it finally caught up with Lilly! She looks so comfy!

3 comments:

KristiBT said...

I love all these pictures!

The Sorensens said...

Yay! It was great to see what you guys have been up to. I love the pictures.

mags said...

sheesh I blink and you posted! I love the dirt drive way, only in Monticello! Also I am like 1000% jealous of the babies at cottonwood, one of the things I long for my kids to do!