I did it, to be honest I am pretty proud of myself. I was on a time of 12 women who ran in the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay this last weekend. It is 181 miles from Logan to Park City. Each member of the team runs 3 seperate legs over a two day period. Once the race starts you are either running, riding in a car, or sleeping. Our team only had a total of about 2 hours of sleep for a 32 hour period, we all had digestive/stomach problems and we didn't eat much. It took our team 32 hours do finish and we averaged a 10 mintu mile. In total I ran 14.5 miles. I was able to see a part of Utah I never new existed. It was beautiful. I really enjoy the team I was on and the Ladies that i ran with. It was oddly enough a very enjoyable experiance and I would love to do it again. My favorite race was at 2:30 in the morning. I ran 6.5 miles around the shore of Echo Lake and through Coalville. It was beautiful. I ran most of my legs with and Ipod. I turned it of during this race becuase it was just so beautiful and peaceful. I wonder why I don't run at 2:30a.m. more often! The Ragnar pushed me to my limits. At the end of my last leg I broke down and bawled and kept saying I can't believe I just did that, partly becuase my last leg was a 4 mile run at a 7.9% grade. This is a picture of our team. Our team name was "I thought we were running to Cold Stone" I am not going to lie, I thought it was a little corny but there were a ton of people that got a kick out of the name and wanted to take pictures of our shirts (they had the saying on the back). It paid off though because the Cold Stone in Park City gave our whole team free ice cream and a free t-shirt after the race.
This is the only picture I have but I will post more when I get them. =
This is the only picture I have but I will post more when I get them. =



12 comments:
I think that name is hilarious!! How creative. I would have killed to have been on your team, just for the free ice cream! I'm so proud of you, can't wait to see your pictures!
Way to go Haley! That is awesome that you did that. I've heard of the Ragnar Relay before and always thought it would be fun to do, but I've never had the guts to actually do it. Good job!
Haley, I am an old high school friend of Scott's. I just ran in the same race and wanted to Congratulations. It sounds like you and your team did great. You also had a respectable set of legs being runner 9 (especially your last leg up the start of Guardsman). Good job, and you should get Scott to run it next year.
Love the team name! I would so run to Cole stone, one of my fav. places! I didn't know your were a runner?! It's so fun huh. I love it! You're my hero for running at 2:30 am, my sleep is much too important, you're awesome!
I guess I am a little crazy because that sounds like it would be so fun to run at 2:30 am. As long as I knew I was safe. Way to go on the 7.6 incline. I would be bawling if I did that, too.
Congratu-freakin'-lations! That is SO COOL! I would be happy to just be able to run a 5K without dying!! Good for you!
Haley, I am always in awww of you. You are so amazing, and there is always more to look up to you for. You are an inspiration on so many different things. Thanks for your example and determination.
you are awesome! way to go!
thanks i love it that she eats really well! Cole had a Garkane (power company he works for) conference he had to go to and I just told him I was going too! we stayed two extra days after his conference was done! It was a blast!
Haley, Thats so cool of you. I told Cordelle all about it and although he was impressed with you, i havent convinced him that doing something like that with me would be fun! I think its awesome. Good job. Cordelle says hows Scott?
I always knew you had ambition to run a race like that Haley! I don't think that I could have done it. I guess I don't like running that much. Lily is absolutely adorable. I can't wait till Bran and I welcome our little one here. I feel like a planet out of orbit right now. I'm seven months now and very squished. I'm glad I saw your post on Janice's blog. Now we can keep in touch!
Haley, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! It is fun to hear from you guys. I can't believe you did that race! You are awesome.
Post a Comment