Daddy & Lilly
Grandpa, Lauren, Abby,& Ailee on Ringo and Rumbo
Paddle boat fun!
Mommy & Lilly
It has always amazed me how quick a memory can flood your mind just by a simple smell. I experience this this last weekend. Scott, Lilly, and I headed to Fish Lake for the Burton reunion. The last 12 miles of the drive we were on a dirt road enjoying the wonderful outdoors when I smelt something that took me back to my childhood. I don't think I could ever explain the smell to you but the smell filled my mind with the memories of playing Betty Sue and Hardy in the fort just south of our house. I don't if any of you besides my sibling remember "Down the Long Trail" It was a movie about a Brother and Sister (Betty Sue and Hardy) who were separated from their parents and were forced to survive in the wilderness. That is who we became when we went to our fort. Children living off the land searching for our parents.
Scott, I am sure, thought I was a little strange because when the smell hit me I was so excited. I told him I felt invigorated. I just kept saying "that is a glorious smell."
Once we arrived at the reunion destination (Aunt Nancy & Gaylen's cabin) it was play, play, play. We set up our new tent which we quickly figured out that a five man tent is too small for our 3 person family, then we blew up our air mattress only to discover a hole in it. Luckily we had a patch kit but when we read the instructions we were a little put out because it said not to inflate for 12 hours after patching. It was 7:00 p.m. so we dealt with the fact that we would be sleeping on the ground the first night (Camping is so rough:)).
It was a wonderful weekend. We had horses, four wheelers, a ranger, a pond with 2 canoes and a paddle boat, around 800 clay pigeon, 7 shot guns. 1500 shot gun shells, crafts, and much much more. It was neat because while we were there some people came and stocked the pond with fish. It was quite the site.
There was around 50 or 60 Burton's at the reunion. Which is only around half because there are 120 of us.
A special thanks needs to go out to Nancy and Gaylen for letting us use their property for the reunion and to Mark and Janet for organizing it all. We had a blast. See you all next year!
Scott, I am sure, thought I was a little strange because when the smell hit me I was so excited. I told him I felt invigorated. I just kept saying "that is a glorious smell."
Once we arrived at the reunion destination (Aunt Nancy & Gaylen's cabin) it was play, play, play. We set up our new tent which we quickly figured out that a five man tent is too small for our 3 person family, then we blew up our air mattress only to discover a hole in it. Luckily we had a patch kit but when we read the instructions we were a little put out because it said not to inflate for 12 hours after patching. It was 7:00 p.m. so we dealt with the fact that we would be sleeping on the ground the first night (Camping is so rough:)).
It was a wonderful weekend. We had horses, four wheelers, a ranger, a pond with 2 canoes and a paddle boat, around 800 clay pigeon, 7 shot guns. 1500 shot gun shells, crafts, and much much more. It was neat because while we were there some people came and stocked the pond with fish. It was quite the site.
There was around 50 or 60 Burton's at the reunion. Which is only around half because there are 120 of us.
A special thanks needs to go out to Nancy and Gaylen for letting us use their property for the reunion and to Mark and Janet for organizing it all. We had a blast. See you all next year!
Lilly tyring her hardest to steer the paddle boat
Jared, Kate, & Abby Fishing
The little kids were always hoovering around the four wheelers or ranger wait for the next ride.
Brian fishing while Ellie paddles
Lilly's first horse ride



2 comments:
Fish lake is one of my favorite places to go. That's where we went camping when we were little. Judy can tell you all about it.
It brought back lots of memories for me to see your trip. Thanks for sharing it.
It was great to see you guys at the Reunion- I haven't seen your baby girl since she was born and I can't believe how big she is now. She is a sweet little thing and I'm so happy for you both. Now that I've figured out this whole blogging thing, maybe we can keep in better touch. Hmmm?
Post a Comment