Saturday, December 13, 2008

'Tis the season

Once again life has flashed by and I need to do a quick recap of the last month or so. We had an o.k. Thanksgiving. It was fun to be at my sisters home, and Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful. Thursday night Scott got sick with an sinus infection/strep throat combination. Luckily my uncle was able to call in a prescription for some antibiotics and we started on the mend, but before that happened he was in bed all day Friday, then we had a 5 hour drive home on Saturday.
The following Monday we went up the mountain and got ourselves a Christmas tree. I spent most the day on Tuesday decorating the house for Christmas. Wednesday we woke up after all 3 of us had a pretty rough night sleep and had been coughing and had plugged up noses. To make a long story short the house we are renting had black mold in the floorboards of the closet,so we are living with my parents for a week or to. As I write this blog Scott is at our house with our landlord remodeling the master bath. We are very thankful to my parents for letting us crash at their house, but at the same time it is hard to not be in your own home of the holidays.
Most of the Christmas shopping is done, and next week we head up to a cousins wedding, Christmas at Scott's parents, and our 3rd anniversary. Time flies by so it might be another month before I post again. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year!!!


This was Lilly's first time at zoo. We ate lunch in a big open area and they had 2 or 3 peacocks roaming around. Lilly was pretty enthralled with the sea lions. One swam right up against the window she was by and started her. We spent about 10 minutes feeding the ducks. They would eat the bread right out of your hand. Lilly wasn't too sure about it.


During lunch we were playing in the leaves and I looked to find Lilly to have her join in the leaf fight, this is where I found her.


Lilly had many cousins to entertainer her during Thanksgiving.


Thanksgiving was full of great food, a lot of cousins, and Grandpa reading stories


Lilly is all bundled up to be in the Mountain and Snow to get a Christmas tree. It was 5:30 p.m. when we went to get our tree. It was pretty much dark so we found our tree with a headlamp. We also inherited a chainsaw from Scott's parents so that made cutting the tree down a little faster.

Here is Lilly helping to decorate the tree. She was pretty ingenuous how she put the little nativities on the tree.

Lilly loves the Christmas lights and she loves the snow!

7 comments:

cbo said...

cute pictures! I hope you get back into your house soon. The mold pictures were disgusting!

PML said...

Oh that pink coat is so adorable!

DannyHollie said...

I love the tree decorations. Very Artistic! I've put up a baby gate around my tree since my boys are incapable of leaving it alone...
Merry Christmas!

Leslie said...

You guys look like you are having fun and enjoying life! Congrats on the new baby, we are excited for you.
Quinn and Leslie

Keith Cheryl Wheeler said...

Hey Haley! It's me Cheryl(Francom) Wheeler. It has been so long since I talked to you and I happened upon your blog. I finally am keeping up with the times and have a blog myself. it is kcwheelerclan.blogspot.com. check it out sometime, I would love to hear from you.

King Family said...

so do you ever call lily, silly lily? if you don't you should because it rhymes and it is funny.

mags said...

haley
she's such a cutie and i've poured over these pictures tons of times, thanks for keeping monticello and your fam fresh in my mind!