Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ending 2008 and Starting 2009

Christmas Day
We had been awake for 2 hrs and had breakfast by the time Lilly realized that there were presents under the tree. She loved her baby doll and stroller and had a fun time coloring with grandma.

Christmas vacation/parties

We were at Scott's parents for a little over a week and we throughly enjoyed ourselves. Scott liked challenging anyone and everyone to a game of tennis or Baseball on his parents Wii. After a few days of some intense sibling rivealry, Scott and his brother started complaining of Wii elbow. I perfered boxing. I have to admit that my strategy is to duck my head and swing my arms. It proved to be a successful strategy. Great Grandma and Grandpa showed off their skills with the great grandkids, playing foose ball and target practice. There were cousins galor. Lilly had so much fun and didn't quite now what to do when we got home and mom was the only one to play with.
3 years
Wow! 3 years have flown by, but at the same time is seems that Scott and I have been together forever! We had the chance to get away and go to Midway for a night. We stayed at Inn on the Creek, had a nice fancy dinner, I had the best salad I have ever had. The next morning we went to the Homestead Inn and went swimming in the Crater. It looks almost like a volcano. There is a big hole at the top that use to be an outlet for a mineral hot water spring. It has since been converted into a swimming hole. It is 65 ft deep and you can either swim or scubba dive. With the water warm and the air cold it was pretty foggy inside. This was the best picture we could get. You couldn't see 5 feet in front of you. Thankfully we brought along Scott's parents snorcleing gear and had a fun time snorkling in the Crater.
The lights at Temple Square

Need I say more?

Bringing in the New Year


We went to Scott's sister house for New Years. It was a great get away. All of Scott's siblings but one was there along with his parents. We stuffed ourselves with food, went sledding in the back yard, and Lilly once again had a ball with all of her cousins.

7 comments:

mags said...

i love all your pictures, especially the foggy one, and thanks for gettin' some shots of brenda's kids, cause heaven knows i won't see 'em on her blog, (brenda please please become a blogger!)
also tell scott to keep workin on his wii skills as one day mike will have to challenge him to a bowling match!

Janice Twitchell said...

busy holidays!! there's only one picture missing from this post.............a cute prego pic of you!! I can't believe you only have 11 weeks left! Do you know what you're having? OR is it going to be a suprise? So excited for you!!

Annie said...

Such cute pictures of some fun holidays for your little family. Bummer that the Burton Christmas party got canceled so we couldn't see you guys. It's been forever since we've seen the extended Burton family. Little Lilly is such a doll. Hope all is well.

cbo said...

So glad that you took pictures of New Year's Eve! I especially love the picture of Grandma Burton shooting the gun. Good times.

PML said...

Looks like you had fun fun fun. I am surprised how far along you are on the pregnancy. Only 12 weeks to go!

Mike and Melea said...

It looks like a fun time was had by all.
Happy New Year.

Seth and Emry Gubler said...

She is getting so big! I'm excited to see pictures of your next little one!