Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Exploding Hotdogs and Other Short Stories


Exploding hot dogs = cattails. We went for a hike a couple of weekends ago with my parents. On our way back to the car I noticed a little grove of cattails. I thought Lilly would enjoy feeling it so I picked on. Little did I know I was going to see a glimpse of my mothers childhood. She called them exploding hot dogs. A phrase I had heard before from her, but I thought just referred to microwaving a hot dog too long. She picked a cattail for herself and said watch this. She hit it against a tree and the following is what happened.

We stopped for about 15 minutes to play with the cattails. Lilly enjoyed making them explode on Daddy's head.


Lilly wanted her jacket off in the middle of the hike. She later wanted it back on and told me she wanted to do it herself. It took her a while but she finally got it.

She loves to be in the outdoors.


Lilly has discovered her pockets, which she refers to as pock. You can often find her walking around the house with her hands in her pockets.

How do you get your hair to do that? Lilly loves the bathtub and her hair is finally getting long enough that we can have some fun with it in the tub


Lilly and Scott went on a little trek the other day. They walked around our house 2 times in the snow. Lilly had a blast. She is so cute with her Daddy!


I couldn't tell you how long I have owned this book. To tell you the truth I couldn't tell you exactly who gave it to me. I think it was my oldest sister. Anywho
Lilly discovered it about a month before we found out she would be getting a sister. It is her favorite book. She often sleeps with it. The other day she woke up from a nap and was crying pretty hard. When I came to get her out of her crib I found every page of the book ripped out. I have been able to salvage it so that she can share the book with her new baby sister.
If you can't see it the title of the book is "There is No Better Friend Than a Sister"

7 comments:

Kirk said...

I can't believe she is getting so big and soooo cute!

cbo said...

I hope that no one has gotten sick...this cold was really a nasty one!

Who knew that you could do that with cattails? It looks like fun. I hope I remember this the next time we come across them.

PML said...

All this time and I didn't know that cattails did that.

tris said...

she has grown up a ton since i last saw her. i need to get up there before she becomes a big sis...i want to see some prego picts of you though.

mags said...

love exploding cat tails. ...and mom's ponytail. i think i remember you struggling to put your jacket on for 10 minutes, with no help! did i give you that book? i can't remember, i probably did though, i'm awesome like that.

Hilarie said...

Lily is so cute and I love the exploding hotdogs. It must have to be the right season to get them to explode, huh?

Leslie said...

Your tub is pink? Mine is lime green. My kids love it but Morgan would be super excited if hers was pink!