Friday, March 14, 2008

In search of warm weather

Here is our outdoor adventure for the week. There is still quite a bit of snow in town and the wind is still blowing, so we had to escape to the south country to find the sun! We went with are friends Haven, Colby, and Ella, and Jamie, Jed, and Ayla. The little girls did great. We hiked to what is called the procession panel. It has 197 petrogliffs. It was great to get some fresh air in the lungs!


This is on top of Butler Wash ridge looking down into Comb Wash


Fun in the Sun. Lilly wouldn't keep her hat (Sombrero) on but she didn't mind having her jacket hood on. So it kept the sun off her head.


You can't get away from everything when you are out in nature!!


The buddies! They all enjoyed the dirt and rocks. Good source of protein.




These are some pictures of the petroglyphs

8 comments:

cbo said...

How far away is this from your house? It looks really neat.

If you are really interested in warm weather, come on down to TX--it was 95 today!

KristiBT said...

Looks like so much fun! We can't wait to come and visit

tris said...

Lets go back there when I come up...I'm craving some red rocks. If mom and dad come down this weekend, you should come with them...you and scott and lilly that is.

Dana Marchant said...

Looks like fun! Is that my friend Haven Redd [I can't think of her married name right now...]? Tell her HELLO for me!

The Funderburks said...

fabulous petroglyphs. darling babies and I love how your husband ALWAYS has a smile on his face!

The Funderburks said...

What? Haven!? I miss her.

Peay Family said...

All the fun pictures of your hikes make me wish that I lived over there so that I could go to.

Luke said...

Shkutta, where is your hair going? I want your job, looks like you all have plenty of time to get out and have some fun, that's good. It would be a shame if you couldn't it's so dang nice down there.