I have always loved living in a town that is nestled at the bottom of a mountain, but there is one down fall. DEER. They will eat you out of house and home, well just your garden but they will devour it all. My parents have a 10 foot penitentiary like fence around their garden! This year we are in a rental so we don't have any room to plant a garden. My wonderful mother planted a tomato plant and a pepper plant in a planter for me so I could put it on my porch. It was growing so well and getting so big! One day I counted 14 little tomatoes on it! 2 days later they were all gone. The deer had found them and my flower pots. I couldn't' very easily build a fence around my front porch so once again my wonderful mother helped me out and gave me some netting to cover my plants. Now I have 2 peppers and 13 tomatoes and more getting ready to pop through. Now I just need to get my mom's recipe for salsa!!!!!
My peppers



4 comments:
I'm with you. The deer make me crazy. They eat all of my 'deer resistant' plants and flowers. I hope you are enjoying tomatoes soon!
Hi, Haley! How are you doing? Good luck with your tomatoes and peppers.
Marilyn (Harris) Hansuchik
no deer here, just black widows. They won't eat me out of house and home, but they might eat a big hole in my arm. hehe....I know I'm weird.
mmmm I love home grown tomatoes and peppers. I am glad you have time to get a lot of them growing before it gets too cold!!
Post a Comment