Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hero

Many men and women have fallen for the freedoms of this country. I am thankful to them and to their families for the sacrifices they make so that we can raise our families in a free land.
I only know a handful of people who have served in the armed forces
but I look at all in uniform as my Hero's.
Today is the 7th anniversary of 9-11 and I wanted to somehow honor and pay tribute to those who lost their lives that day. It was an event in history that everyone will remember. They will remember where they were and the feelings they had when they heard the horrific details of America being attacked by outside forces. At the same time 9-11 has become a forgotten story. People are blaming our government for what happened that day. Many are saying that it was just an excuse to go to war and that it is a mistake to be in Iraq and/or Afghanistan.
I am thankful for those who know what they are fighting for and are willing to fight.
Not only are they fighting for my freedom but for the freedom of people are
subject to evil rulers and have no freedoms of their own.
I am so proud and honored to be able to say that I am an American.
I hope I never forget what it means to be an American.
So again to all my hero's, to those serving and to those who have fallen, Thank you for your sacrifice, your courage, and your dedication to an honorable and noble cause.
God Bless the U.S.A


This is my favorite willow tree it is called Hero.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Hi Haley...Can't wait to do your picts!!!

Peay Family said...

Amen!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Michelle Morse said...

Nice tribute to those heroes of 9/11. They will always be remembered....

By the way...I can't believe you're having another baby!!! That's awesome! I hope everything goes well with the pregnancy:)

mags said...

who said you can't write? was that you? stop depreciating your self, that was great writing. ps i love that willow tree girl too, although it breaks my heart, a woman is given the flag folded up like that when her husband has died at war. sad huh?

PML said...

Congrats on the new baby!! Does that put the due date in April?

Luke said...

That was nice and you are PREGNANT? Congrats!
Love,
Hilarie